Pages

Monday, December 30, 2013

Music Monday: Rusty Clanton & Janie Evans

As I mentioned in my first holiday Music Monday post, I first heard She & Him when I saw Zooey Deschanel's version of "What Are You Doing New Year's Eve" on Youtube. I love that song. NYE is a magical night. The parties, the traditions, the elegance. It's a night to have fun, yet reflect on the year that has passed us by.

The last time I was dating someone during the holidays, I was away in Uganda. She spent NYE on Beale Street in Memphis, TN with our friends...I was in the jungle. I can't complain though...we actually managed to make our way into the capital city of Kampala for a little fun. We first prayed at the Nelson Mandella National Stadium and then partied it up in a pretty swanky nightclub thanks to some friends at Bacardi.

Anywho, everyone always stresses the NYE kiss. I stress about the year that has seemingly passed me by and wonder if I took advantage of every minute of every hour of every day.

But let's be honest...I like a good party too. Tomorrow I'll be ringing in the New Year with some close friends in Raleigh, NC. So I ask you this, what are you doing New Years Eve?

Well here is a great rendition of the song by Rusty Clanton and Janie Evans. Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment