Pages

Monday, December 16, 2013

Music Monday: Daniel Ellsworth & Alva Leigh



We are another week closer to Christmas. It’s such an exciting time of year. All morning I’ve been emailing back and forth with my parents and siblings about the Christmas plans since my brother and I live out of state. It’s an exciting time to see family and friends.

I remember a few years ago, I was in Jinja, Uganda spending Christmas alone in a hotel room. My luggage wasn’t able to make the trip apparently and all I wanted was to be home. That Christmas changed my outlook on the holiday and being with family.

But this time of year means different things to different people. Religious or not, it’s a time to be cherished with loved ones. But what about those that have lost loved ones? Those spending the holidays in need or alone? It can be tough.

This week’s Music Monday post is “It’s Christmas, I Love You” by Daniel Ellsworth and Alva Leigh (Music City Unsigned Family Christmas). 

“…those who got time, well they’ve got time to lose. I’m sorry I’m not leaving here without you. Love, take your hands out from your winter coat and wrap them around me like we used to know. It’s that time of year, starting again. It’s Christmas, I love you. Please let me back in.”


The holidays are often a time for reflection. As we inch ever closer to the new year…we will all take a look back on the time that has seemingly passed us by. Are you where you wanted to be today, a year ago? This song speaks to me on that level in several ways.

So I leave you with this..

It’s Christmas, I love you. Please let me back in

No comments:

Post a Comment