Pages

Monday, December 2, 2013

Music Monday: She & Him

CHRISTMAS IS UPON US! I'm so glad I can finally say that. I'm a stickler for waiting until after Thanksgiving to begin the Christmas festivities. However, I must be honest and tell you that I did in fact put my tree up last weekend (that way it would already be up when I returned from my holiday traveling).

Anywho, I'm going to be doing Christmas songs for the next few weeks as the Music Monday posts. However, I'm going to try and mix it up a bit and expose you to some less mainstream versions. Now, I personally love Zooey Deschanel. In fact, in my first Music Monday post I compared Stacy Lantz to the actress. I think she has an extremely unique voice. So naturally, I really enjoy listening to She & Him.

She & Him is an indie duo consisting of Zooey Deschanel and M. Ward. I remember the first time I heard She & Him was after a friend posted a video of Zooey singing with Joe Gordon-Levitt a song called "What Are You Doing New Year's Eve?" and I began to seek out some other songs. So for this week I've selected "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas". This is probably my all time favorite secular Christmas song. ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment