Pages

Sunday, August 11, 2013

No Taxation Without Representation

This weekend was Tax Free Weekend in Texas and no one took the time to tell! I was killing time in Fort Worth this morning before making the drive to Abilene, TX and decided to swing by the mall and spend a little money. Once I figured out that it was Tax Free Weekend and Dillard's was also having so crazy good sales, I spent more than I originally bargained for.



Now, aside from bow ties I love loud socks. They are an under-utilized accessory that can make or break an outfit (just look at the number of people wearing the wrong color). I picked up 3 new pairs of Hot Socks from JC Penney for $6 a pop.

At Dillard's I found these awesome Ralph Lauren Suffield Pants in Pale Caribbean for $40. These are perfect for a day on the golf course, comfortable enough for a road trip, and sharp enough for date night. All around, very versatile pants!


To go with my Suffield, I scored this gem. This is a Cremieux button up, short sleeve, double pocket shirt for $30.I'm not usually one to wear button up short sleeve shirts. I reckon I usually opt to go with a polo and kick it business casual with the rolled up sleeves. This retro looking shirt spoke to met a great item to pair with a pair of dress blue jeans and chucks, club shorts and flip flops, or as I purchased it, Suffields on the golf course. EXTREMELY soft material and maintaining a stiff collar will make this a go to shirt.

Now this is what I'm really excited about. After seeing the shoes on the top on a mannequin at the Dillard's in Fort Worth but not for sale, I went to the Dillard's in Abilene to get them. I acquired these Johnston & Murphy tan Ellington Wingtips for $65. Below are JC Penney brand natural colored Antonitiens that I got for $30. I'm a sucker for wingtips. I have several pairs already (I mean come on, they can be some of the most expressive dress shoes a guy can have in his wardrobe. The leather and canvas combination make these shoes capable of work or leisure wear and (for the daring) would look great coupled with Ralph Lauren club shorts.


Now I have been in search for the perfect blue suit for a year now. I keep coming across this khaki Claiborne slim fit suit at JC Penney. The picture makes it look like a light kahki but it's more brown/gold than that in a vary casual material. The jacket and pants came out to be $60.

All in all I would say that today's shopping excursion was successful. I can't wait to try out my new finds and I just know that the Warby Parker sunglasses I just ordered will go great with all of it!


No comments:

Post a Comment