Pages

Monday, October 21, 2013

Music Monday: Ben Rector

Music is a HUGE part of my life. I have been blessed to see a ton of great musicians live. Last night was no exception. I went to see one of my absolute favorites, Ben Rector at the Carolina Theater in Durham, NC. Tyrone Wells also opened for Ben.

I first heard of Ben when my friend suggested I cover one of his songs at a show I was playing. That song, "When a Heart Breaks" has made it into my Top 10 all time favorites. But, surprisingly, that will not be the song featured on today's post. No sir.

This week's Music Monday post highlight's Ben Rector's song "Sailboat". It's a song that really speaks to me right now in this moment in time.


"I feel just like a sailboat. I don't know where I'm headed, but you can't make the wind blow from a sailboat. I have seen the sun; felt the rain on my skin. I've been lost and found, but mostly I've been waiting. Oh I'm out in the waves. I'm hoping and praying. Please let this wind blow me home. Night after night there's and empty horizon and my God do I feel so alone. Sometimes I, most times I, feel just like a sailboat..."

Going to the concert last night (even solo) was a life changing experience. I hope you take the time to listen to Ben Rector.


No comments:

Post a Comment