Pages

Monday, October 14, 2013

Music Monday: Amos Lee


Again, I apologize for the lack of posts lately. This time it is for an exciting reason! About 3 weeks ago I got a phone call asking me to fly to North Carolina for a follow up job interview for my dream job. The next day I was offered the position and asked to start within about a week. LET THE CHAOS BEGIN! Luckily all my belongings were already boxed and in storage from my last move prior to my travels in Texas all summer. So here I sit. In my cubicle at work in Chapel Hill, NC. It's been relatively gloomy for the past week or so and today is the perfect day for today's Music Monday musician.

When I first found out I would be moving to Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill I hopped on TicketMaster to see what concerts would be in the area. My friend had been asking me to go to the Amos Lee concert in Memphis and/or Nashville prior to me moving and I hated I wouldn’t be able to make it. LUCKILY! Amos Lee will be in NC the following week.

 I first started listening to Amos Lee back in 2006 when I was in my musical prime. Between my own music career and the variety of indie artists I was listening to, I had it together. His self-titled album remains one of my favorites (Arms of a Woman is one of my go to songs)

 But Amos Lee has other great albums, including his most recent one, “Mountains of Sorrow, Rivers of Song”. This week’s Music Monday post comes from that album. “Chill In The Air” has been on repeat all morning.  

“Well the morning came like a freight train, bearing down on me from a thousand miles away. Well it came and gone and kept rolling on, laying up all night with tear stained sheets as my veil…now the evening’s come, and I’m all alone. And I can’t tell if silence is my foe or my friend. Well I’m holding on, but I ain’t too strong. I’ve gotta get some rest before that train come back around the bend.”

 It’s not a Monday pick me up by any means. But on this rainy Monday it fits just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment