Pages

Monday, March 24, 2014

Music Monday: "Happy (in Memphis)"

Moving to NC has presented me with countless opportunities to do things I never really had the opportunity to do in college (because our town was TINY). I've seen countless concerts, eaten amazing food, traveled to some fantastic places, and drank more than my liver would like to admit.

I, however, did not expect to mark "watch UT Martin basketball play" off that list but I had the opportunity yesterday to watch a near upset as the Lady Skyhawks of my alma mater took on UNC. The devastating 2 point loss still doesn't seem real (find out why, here).

But watching my school's women lose was not the only heartache yesterday. I headed over to Raleigh, NC for the men's games. My co-worker, Janelle (a Memphis alum), and I (Memphis native) arrived at PNC arena in during halftime for the Tennessee v. Mercer game. Really? I hadn't put either team on my bracket this far, so I chose to pull for Mercer (plus my grandfather would kill me if he heard me cheering for UT, GO 'DORES!).


After the realistic UT win, it was time for the big game. Memphis v. UVA. GO TIGERS GO! We were easily two of only 200 Memphis fans in the arena...the other 17,800 fans were for UVA. Makes sense considerign Charlottesville is only 3.5 hours away and Memphis is about 11 hours. If you watched any of the game, you'll now understand why it was so loud.

Another tough loss (my 3 teams: UTM, Memphis, and UNC all lost yesterday). But you know what? I'm happy! That's right. It's a beautiful day, I have a good job, a nice apartment, and I thoroughly enjoyed my Chik-fil-a breakfast this morning.

I just wish I was happy in Memphis.

No comments:

Post a Comment