Pages

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Dewey Destin's

Now we are all know I love to eat. My doctor would argue that I love to eat all the wrong things. If eating the following item is wrong...I'll be damned if I'm ever right.

My brother was stationed down in Navarre, FL a few years ago and we make the occasional trips to visit him and his wife...I feel like more so now than ever before so that we can see my nephew, who happens to be the coolest 1-year old there is (and he knows how to rock a bow tie like the best of them).

My dad and I went to visit one week a couple of summers ago and the 3 of us took the boat out for the day. We ventured on over to the infamous Crab Island to check out the party scene but the long ride out and beer left us famished. We floated over to Dewey Destin's right by Crab Island for some grub.

WARNING: the following images are absolutely amazing and mouth watering




 You may be wondering, "what is it?" Well let me tell you! These colossal shrimp are stuffed with crab, wrapped in bacon, and deep fried in lard served with jalapeno hushpuppies.

Excuse me, I'm tearing up just reminiscing about it.

Now, for work I'm swamped from January until mid April and then Mid May until September (April is more of a tease). I'm looking for a possible solo vacation and Destin has my name all over it just so I can load up on some of these! 

No comments:

Post a Comment